COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form on the site, email our campaign directly, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information (although payment information is collected directly by a third-party processor), and any other information you choose to provide.
In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) requires us to collect certain personal information from donors. We collect all information required by the FEC which includes name, employer (name and address), postal address, and any other information provided by you through the third-party that processors collect donations on behalf of the Campaign.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
When you use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log and Usage Information:We collect information related to your access to and use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Transactional Information:If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies:We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests; request feedback or support, and otherwise contact you about your participation in the campaign and the use of the Sites;
- Communicate with you about the campaign, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- To solicit volunteers, donations and support for the Campaign and for other candidates, issues and organizations that we support and to connect you with other volunteers;
- Contact you if Federal election laws require us to request additional information from you;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and campaign events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize the Site and provide advertisements, content or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Campaign and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions to the Campaign exceed $200 in an election cycle (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Campaign, its employees, volunteers, constituents, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Campaign; With your consent or at your direction.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy settings for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
UPDATES TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may request to update the information you provide to us or ask to unsubscribe from future communications at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOKIES AND DATA TRACKING
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Some parts of this Site may be password-protected. We may use a cookie (cookies reside on your computer and are under the control of your browser) to help us remember and process items that you purchase through this Site; and/or to compile aggregate data about visitors to the Site and their interaction with the Site for the purposes of improving the operation of the Site and/or offering better Site experiences and tools in the future.
We also use third-party services such as Google Analytics. This helps us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with our Site. We may also use embedded images in emails to track open rates for our mailings, so that we can tell which mailings appeal most to Lauren’s supporters.
Lauren Ashcraft for Congress complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. Lauren Ashcraft for Congress does not solicit and does not accept personally identifying information from any person under 13 years of age. Visitors to this Site who are under 13 years of age should not use this Site except under the supervision and with the assistance of their legal guardian, and should never submit any personally identifying information to the Site. For example, visitors under 13 years of age should not register, purchase or use services or take any actions on or through this Site.
The Campaign takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Although we make good faith efforts to store information collected by this Site in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee complete security.